Adding Widgets to Dashboards
You can add the following widget types to a dashboard: PowerBI reports, HTML widgets, entity views. You should first create the widget and then add it to dashboards.
This section walks you through the steps that you need to follow to add widgets to dashboards and how to resize and customize the widgets.
If you want to add HTML widgets to dashboards, you first need to create the HTML widget. For information on how to create HTML Widgets, see Creating HTML Widgets.
Add widgets to dashboards
To add a widget to a dashboard, follow these steps:
- From the menu, click Digital Frontends > Digital Experience Portals > Dashboards. The Dashboards List page opens.
- Double-click the desired dashboard from the list. The dashboard configuration page appears.
- In the Add Widget area, from the widget type drop-down list, select the desired widget type.
- Select the widget to be added.
- Click the Add button. The selected widget is displayed on the left side of the page.
- Optionally, customize the widget. For more information on how to customize widgets, see section below.
- At the top-right corner of the page, click the Save and close icon.
There are various options for customizing widgets: resizing, adding widget details, and customizing the widget layout.
You can resize dashboard widgets by putting the cursor on the bottom-right corner of the widget that you want to resize. Click and simultaneously drag and drop to rezise as preferred.
Customize Widgets Layout
To customize the layout of a widget double click the widget, click the Customize Widget tab on the right side and make the desired layout settings.
You cannot customize the layout of widgets that are entity views.
Click the Add Widget tab. You can choose to add a title by clicking the Show Title checkbox and providing the widget title to be displayed on the widget.
Click the Save Widget button and at the top-right corner of the page, click the Save and close icon to save the changes.