Define Form Actions
Form actions enable you to:
- change a record's business status
- generate a report
- run a server side script
- run a business decision matrix
- call a formula.
Once defined, you can use form actions that can be triggered on-demand, for example by adding a form action to a form button. For more details on how to add the form actions to the buttons, check the Form Actions Buttons section.
Create a Form Action
- On the configuration page of the form, click the Actions tab. Two grids are displayed : one is Form Actions and the other is Action Group.
- At the top of the Form Actions section, click Insert.
- In the Form Action window:
- Enter a name for the form action.
- Click the Plus () sign next to the execute label to add a command.
- Click the labels in the command to select the desired operands such as change business status from status/ generate digital document/ call custom processor/ call business matrix/ call a formula with mapping. Then, select the status/ the document/ the processor/ the matrix.
- Go back to step b. if you wish to add additional commands. To remove commands from the list, click the button.
- Click Save .
Available Form Action Commands
|Change Business Status from Status||Changes the record's workflow status based on the entity's attached business workflow. For details, see the Business Workflows Processor documentation.||
||Change the status from Draft to Active|
|Generate Digital Document||Generates a predefined report. For details, see Analytics.||Report name.||Generate a contract or an agreement|
|Call Custom Processor||Runs a predefined on-demand server automation script. For details, see Create On-demand Server Automation Scripts.||Server automation script name.||Call the E-sign processor or an endpoint.|
|Call Business Matrix||Runs a predefined business decision matrix. For details, see the Business Decisions Processor documentation.||Business decision matrix name.||Call the eligibility matrix.|
|Call Formula with data mapping||Runs a predefined formula for calculation of input data. See Use Business Formulas in a Digital Journey.||Business Formulas||Call the formula for calculating the policy of an insurance.|
Attach an endpoint in Form Action
In app data forms, in Form Actions, a user can map between an automation script input/output parameters and form attributes.
Create one Platform Data Entity that is default for a app data form.
Create a server script with Input Parameters and the Output structure is one of the following, depending on your needs:
If the endpoint has no output structure type, then no output mapping form is displayed. For more details, see Create On-demand Server Automation Scripts.
- In the FintechOS Studio main menu, navigate to Servicing > Service Extension Apps > App Data Forms
- Open the Actions tab and, in the first grid, click Insert.
- Insert a name for the action.
- Click the execute button and select the ''Call custom processor''.
- Select from the drop-down the endpoint created.
- Map the input attributes.
- Map the output attributes.
- Click Apply. Click Save.
- Click Save and close.