Creating Security Roles
Creating a security role is a two-step procedure:
STEP 1. Add security role
- From the menu, click Security > Security Roles. The Security Roles List page opens.
- At the top-right corner of the page, click the Insert icon. The Add Security Role page opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for the new security role.
- At the top-right corner of the page click the Save and reload icon. The Edit Security Role page opens.
Now you can start adding security items .
STEP 2. Add security items
Security items specify the privileges (CRUD operations) for entities who belong to the open data model and the level of access.
Users who have a role assignment will be able to perform only the CRUD operations on entity records as defined in the security items.
To add a security item, follow these steps:
- From the Security Items section, click the Insert button. The Add Security Item page is displayed.
- In the Entity field, type the entity name or click the down-arrow and select it from the list.
- In the Security Operation field, type the record-level privilege (CRUD operation) or click the down-arrow and select it from the list. You can choose one of the following:
- In the Security Scope field, type the level of access or click the down-arrow and select it from the list:
- Once you finished adding the security roles items, at the top-right corner of the page, click the Save and close icon to save the security role.
|Allows users to view records.
|Allows users to update records.
|Allows users to add new records.
|Allows users to delete records.
|Privileges to the records owned by the user or assigned to the user.
|Privileges to all records owned in the business unit to which the user belongs to, including privileges to the records owned in the child business units.
|Privileges to all records owned in the business unit to which the user belongs to.
|Privileges to all records in the organization regardless of their owner.
You can add as many items as you need by clicking the Save and reload icon and providing the new security item details.